Satmap Transalp Premium Bav., Aust., S.Trentino, S.Tyrol, Garda
Price: €227.00 (+€3.00 p&p) Availability: Ordered On Request
Product Code: CB-CS-25-50-SD-001-T
Covering key areas of the Austrian, German and Italian Alps.
The Alps are one of the great mountain ranges of Europe, stretching from Austria and Slovenia in the east; through Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Germany; and to France in the west. The highest mountain is the Mont Blanc, at an impressive 4,810 metres high, on the Italian-French border. The Alps are popular both in summer and in winter as a destination for sightseeing and sports. Winter activities, such as Alpine and Nordic skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, snowshoeing and ski tours can be practised in most regions from December to April. In summer, the Alps are popular with hikers, mountain bikers, paragliders and mountaineers, while many alpine lakes attract swimmers, sailors and surfers.
For the first time, customers can get a digital topographical map covering key areas of the Austrian, German and Italian Alps, for use with their Active 10 GPS, enhancing their enjoyment and the safety of outdoor activities in the mountains. The total map area of the card is 93,000 square kilometres, including:
- Bayern Süd / Southern Bavaria 1:25k (LVA)
- Österreich Westen / Western Austria 1:50k (BEV)
- Südtirol / South Tyrol 1:50k (Kompass)
- Trentino Süd / South Trentino - varying scales between 1:54k to 1:7k (Open Cycle Map)
- Gardasee / Lake Garda 1:50k (Kompass)
Customers can use the new Toggle function to switch easily between the different maps where they overlap at the borders. As well as the usual European topographical map provider data, the map includes an area of OpenCycleMap data. OpenCycleMap is an international cycling map created from OpenStreetMap data and other sources. The map shows National Cycle Network routes, other regional and local routes as well as features such as bicycle parking, bike shops and other amenities. The map is also useful for walkers as it includes detailed contour and hill-shading, and paths and tracks accessible on foot or by bicycle.
This map card contains:
- Topographical Landesvermessungsamt (LVA)
- 1:25,000 of BayernTopographical Landesvermessungsamt (LVA)
- 1:25,000 of Bayern Süd / Southern BavariaTopographical Bundesamt für Eich- und Vermessungswesen (BEV)
- 1:50,000 of Österreich Westen / Western AustriaTopographical Kompass
- 1:50,000 of Südtirol / South TyrolOpenCycleMap
- varying scales between 1:54,000 to 1:7,000 of Trentino Süd / South TrentinoTopographical Kompass
- 1:50,000 of Gardasee / Lake GardaBase Mapping:LVA 1:200,000 topographic base map of the whole of GermanyBEV 1:200,000 topographic base map of the whole of AustriaCollins Bartholomew Limited 1:1 million road map of Europe