Satmap Active 10 IE+NI Edition
Satmap Active 10 IE+NI Edition
- Accepts SD data cards with Republic of Ireland 1:50K maps from Ordnance Survey Ireland
- Accepts Irish National Grid and ITM
- Uses 'vector' maps for greater detail
- High-sensitivity SiRF Star III differential GPS
- 2-axis electronic compass
- Water resistant to IPX6 standards
- Expandable memory - accepts SD cards up to 4GB
- Worldwide base map, approx. 1:5,000,000 to 1:2,000,000 scale
- 16 Hours 3 x AA battery life, up to 22 hours with optional rechargeable lithium polymer 'smart' battery
- Paperless geocaching
- Large selection of topography maps available for Ireland, UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Nethelands, Spain, Switzerland
- Compatible with optional marine and aviation charts
- On board route planning and waypoint establishment capability
- Full GPS Functionality (real time clock, logging, time, waypoints etc.)
- Aerial photography/satellite imagery compatibility
- On board performance statistics logging (uploadable to PC)
- Size: 7.5H x 13.0W x 3.0D cm
- Active 10
- Carry case
- 3 AA Alkaline batteries
- Battery caddy
- USB Cable
- Quick user guide
|Satmap Active 10 IE+NI Edition||Product Code: active10-full|
Physical & Performance:
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD:||75 x 130 x 30mm|
|Display size, WxH:||3.5" LCD TFT Backlit Colour Screen|
|Weight:||175 g with batteries|
3 AA alkaline batteries
Large 3.7v/2900mAh Lithium Polymer 'smart' battery
240v/120v mains supply
12c DC vehicle (cigareet lighter)
|Battery life:||Max: 16 hours (3 x AA), 22 hours (Lithium Polymer battery)|
|Water-resistant:||yes (IPX6), recommend use silicon rubber case|
|GPS receiver:||SiRF Star III, differential|
|GPS accuracy:||1 - 3 metres|
|Interface:||USB 2.0, dual function (power input/data transfer)|
|Operating system:||Microsoft CE Operating System|
|RoHS version available:||yes|
Maps & Memory:
|Preloaded maps:||yes, Republic of Ireland OSI 1:50K (topographic)|
|Ability to add maps:||yes|
|Built-in memory:||yes, 128MB RAM|
|Accepts data cards:||SD card (up to 4GB)|
|Waypoints/favorites/locations:||Limited only by capacity of available SD cards|
|Routes:||Limited only by capacity of available SD cards|
|Track log:||Limited only by capacity of available SD cards|
|Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads):||no|
|Electronic compass:||yes, 2-Axis|
|Custom POIs:||Supports rich-content including images|
Customer Reviews for the Satmap Active 10 IE+NI Edition.
Questions and Answers
Do you have any questions about the Satmap Active 10 IE+NI Edition.
mySatNav.ie Exclusive Offer
The Satmap Active 10 preloaded with full Republic of Ireland OSI 1:50K maps and full Northern Ireland OSNI 1:50K maps with 1:25K 'Hotspots' is an exclusive online bundle from www.mysatnav.ie.
The Satmap Active 10 is an awarding winning water-resistant handheld outdoor GPS that supports full colour mapping from Ordnance Survey Ireland and Ordnance Survey Northern Ireland. Similar to a PDA in size, the large 3.5" diagonal LCD backlit screen is extremely clear even in direct sunlight.
It has received rave reviews and has been described as a 'gem' - offering features and functionality never seen before in a handheld system and doing it well.
The recent availability of fine detail 1:50K Ordnance Survey Ireland maps for handheld GPS systems is a great step forward for hillwalking enthusiasts. The maps are of the high quality and accuracy you expect from OSI and the Active 10 does them justice.
The 1:50K topographic maps for Northern Ireland from the OSNI also includes 1:25K 'Hotspots' covering The Glens of Antrim, Sperrins, Strangford Lough, Lough Erne & Mournes.
Check out this in-depth independent review of the Active 10 by PocketGPSWorld.com from April 2008 which rated it 'Highly Recommended'.