High-sensitivity GPS, electronic compass, comes with full OSI 1:50K maps of Republic of Ireland.
- Accepts SD data cards with Republic of Ireland 1:50K maps from Ordnance Survey Ireland
- Accepts Irish National Grid and ITM
- Uses 'vector' maps for greater detail
- High-sensitivity SiRF Star III differential GPS
- 2-axis electronic compass
- Water resistant to IPX6 standards
- Expandable memory - accepts SD cards up to 4GB
- Worldwide base map, approx. 1:5,000,000 to 1:2,000,000 scale
- 16 Hours 3 x AA battery life, up to 22 hours with optional rechargeable lithium polymer 'smart' battery
- Paperless geocaching
- Large selection of topography maps available for Ireland, UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Nethelands, Spain, Switzerland
- Compatible with optional marine and aviation charts
- On board route planning and waypoint establishment capability
- Full GPS Functionality (real time clock, logging, time, waypoints etc.)
- Aerial photography/satellite imagery compatibility
- On board performance statistics logging (uploadable to PC)
- Size: 7.5H x 13.0W x 3.0D cm
- Active 10
- Carry case
- 3 AA Alkaline batteries
- Battery caddy
- USB Cable
- Quick user guide
|Satmap Active 10 IE Edition||Product Code: active10-roi|
Physical & Performance:
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD:||75 x 130 x 30mm|
|Display size, WxH:||3.5" LCD TFT Backlit Colour Screen|
|Weight:||175 g with batteries|
3 AA alkaline batteries
Large 3.7v/2900mAh Lithium Polymer 'smart' battery
240v/120v mains supply
12c DC vehicle (cigareet lighter)
|Battery life:||Max: 16 hours (3 x AA), 22 hours (Lithium Polymer battery)|
|Water-resistant:||yes (IPX6), recommend use silicon rubber case|
|GPS receiver:||SiRF Star III, differential|
|GPS accuracy:||1 - 3 metres|
|Interface:||USB 2.0, dual function (power input/data transfer)|
|Operating system:||Microsoft CE Operating System|
|RoHS version available:||yes|
Maps & Memory:
|Preloaded maps:||yes, Republic of Ireland OSI 1:50K (topographic)|
|Ability to add maps:||yes|
|Built-in memory:||yes, 128MB RAM|
|Accepts data cards:||SD card (up to 4GB)|
|Waypoints/favorites/locations:||Limited only by capacity of available SD cards|
|Routes:||Limited only by capacity of available SD cards|
|Track log:||Limited only by capacity of available SD cards|
|Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads):||no|
|Electronic compass:||yes, 2-Axis|
|Custom POIs:||Supports rich-content including images|
Customer Reviews for the Satmap Active 10 IE Edition.
Questions and Answers
Do you have any questions about the Satmap Active 10 IE Edition.
mySatNav.ie Exclusive Offer
The Satmap Active 10 preloaded with full Republic of Ireland OSI 1:50K topography maps is an exclusive online bundle from www.mysatnav.ie.
The Satmap Active 10 is an awarding winning water-resistant handheld outdoor GPS that supports full colour mapping from Ordnance Survey Ireland. Similar to a PDA in size, the large 3.5" diagonal LCD backlit screen is extremely clear even in direct sunlight.
It has received rave reviews and has been described as a 'gem' - offering features and functionality never seen before in a handheld system and doing it well.
The recent availability of fine detail 1:50K Ordnance Survey Ireland maps for handheld GPS systems is a great step forward for hillwalking enthusiasts. The maps are of the high quality and accuracy you expect from OSI and the Active 10 does them justice.
Check out this in-depth independent review of the Active 10 by PocketGPSWorld.com from April 2008 which rated it 'Highly Recommended'.