SiRF III GPS, hi-res screen, electronic compass, barometric altimeter, bluetooth, with full OSI 1:50K maps of Republic of Ireland
The Satmap Active 12 is the only dedicated handheld GPS that comes preloaded with a Whole of the Republic of Ireland 1:50k Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSI) Discoverer Series map.
- Preloaded with Republic of Ireland 1:50K maps from Ordnance Survey Ireland
- Accepts Irish National Grid and ITM
- Hi-Res 98mm (3.5") diagonal HVGA screen
- Uses 'vector' maps for greater detail
- Accepts SD data cards
- High-sensitivity SiRF Star III differential GPS
- 2-axis electronic compass
- Barometric altimeter
- Water resistant (not 100% waterproof) to IP65 standards
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity for Active 12 - Active 12 data sharing & other Bluetooth Smart Low Energy fitness sensors
- Expandable memory - accepts SD cards up to 4GB
- Worldwide base map, approx. 1:5m to 1:2m scale
- 16 Hours 3 x AA battery life, up to 22 hours with rechargeable lithium polymer 'smart' battery
- Paperless geocaching
- Large selection of topography maps available for Ireland, UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Nethelands, Spain, Switzerland
- On board route planning and waypoint establishment capability
- Full GPS Functionality (real time clock, logging, time, waypoints etc.)
- Xpedition: Online Mapping & Route Planner
- Size: 7.5H x 13.0W x 3.5D cm
- Active 12
- Full Republic of Ireland 1:50K OSI Discoverer series maps
- World base map
- 2700 mAh LiPol rechargeable battery
- Carry case
- USB Cable
- 3 x AA Lithium Batteries
- AA Battery Caddy
- Wall charger with multicountry adapters
- Car Charger
- Access to Xpedition
Maps for Satmap Active 12 IE Edition 1:50K (OSI)
N. Ireland Whole 1:50k (1:25k Hotspots)
NI and Rep. of Ireland ADV Map (1:25k)
Dublin & Wicklow (EastWest Mapping)
Harvey Connemara 1:30K
Harvey MacGillycuddys Reeks 1:30K
Harvey Mourne Mountains 1:30K
Harvey Wicklow Mountains 1:30K
Customer Reviews for the Satmap Active 12 IE Edition 1:50K (OSI).
Questions and Answers
Do you have any questions about the Satmap Active 12 IE Edition 1:50K (OSI).
As good as, if not better than high-end Garmin outdoor GPS.
As of Summer 2016, the Satmap Active 12 is the only dedicated handheld GPS that supports Ordnance Survey Ireland maps for the Republic of Ireland.
Launched in March 2014, the Active 12 Mapping Sports GPS builds builds on the success of the previous model, the Active 10, which proved a big hit when it first came out nearly 6 years ago.
The new model has a hi-res screen, Bluetooth connectivity, a barometric altimeter, more RAM and new and improved software. Like the Active 10, the Active 12 stands out amongst its competitors with a large colour display and rugged water resistant case.
The new display uses a 3.5" 320 x 480 pixel HVGA transmissive LCD panel with twice the resolution of the Active 10 providing enhanced clarity and detail.
Bluetooth allows for wireless connectivity between Bluetooth low energy heart rate monitors and cadence/speed sensors as well as peer to peer data sharing between other Active 12 units. Connectivity to smartphones and tablets is expected in a forthcoming software update.
For those of you who want to update to the new device, most of the accessories and all the mapping that you have used with your Active 10 are compatible with the Active 12. The only Active 10 accessory that isn't compatible with the Active 12 is the screen covers, due to the difference in screen sizes.
The Active 12 is waterproof to IPX6 and for this reason we would recommend that you do purchase one of the high-end Proshield cases.