SiRF III GPS, hi-res screen, electronic compass, barometric altimeter and bluetooth
- Hi-Res 98mm (3.5") diagonal HVGA screen
- Uses 'vector' maps for greater detail
- High-sensitivity SiRF Star III differential GPS
- 2-axis electronic compass
- Barometric altimeter
- Water resistant (not 100% waterproof) to IP65 standards
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity for Active 12 - Active 12 data sharing & other Bluetooth Smart Low Energy fitness sensors
- Expandable memory - accepts SD cards up to 4GB
- Worldwide base map, approx. 1:5m to 1:2m scale
- 16 Hours 3 x AA battery life, up to 22 hours with rechargeable lithium polymer 'smart' battery
- Paperless geocaching
- Large selection of topography maps available for Ireland, UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Nethelands, Spain, Switzerland
- On board route planning and waypoint establishment capability
- Full GPS Functionality (real time clock, logging, time, waypoints etc.)
- Accepts Irish National Grid and ITM
- Optional Xpedition: Online Mapping & Route Planner
- Size: 7.5H x 13.0W x 3.5D cm
- Active 12
- World base map
- Carry case
- USB Cable
- 3 x AA Lithium Batteries
- AA Battery Caddy
Customer Reviews for the Satmap Active 12 SOLO.
Questions and Answers
Do you have any questions about the Satmap Active 12 SOLO.
As good as, if not better than high-end Garmin outdoor GPS
Launched in March 2014, the Active 12 Mapping Sports GPS builds builds on the success of the previous model, the Active 10, which proved a big hit when it first came out nearly 6 years ago.
The new model has a hi-res screen, Bluetooth connectivity, a barometric altimeter, more RAM and new and improved software. Like the Active 10, the Active 12 stands out amongst its competitors with a large colour display and rugged water resistant case.
The new display uses a 3.5" 320 x 480 pixel HVGA transmissive LCD panel with twice the resolution of the Active 10 providing enhanced clarity and detail.
Bluetooth allows for wireless connectivity between Bluetooth low energy heart rate monitors and cadence/speed sensors as well as peer to peer data sharing between other Active 12 units. Connectivity to smartphones and tablets is expected in a forthcoming software update.
For those of you who want to update to the new device, most of the accessories and all the mapping that you have used with your Active 10 are compatible with the Active 12. The only Active 10 accessory that isn't compatible with the Active 12 is the screen covers, due to the difference in screen sizes.
The Active 12 is waterproof to IPX6 and for this reason we would recommend that you do purchase one of the high-end Proshield cases.