mysatnav offers a range of fleet-ready Garmin navigators that integrate with
fleet management solutions such as Verizon Connect, www.verizonconnect.com/ie/solutions/gps-fleet-tracking-software/.
We can supply all the required accessories including
FM interface cables, security mounts, reversing cameras and power cables. Extended warranties (up to 3 years) are also available on all
devices and hardware.
Packages are available for every budget and every size of organisation, so contact us today on 01-2936987 for latest pricing and to discuss your needs.
Why use a Garmin navigator with your fleet management solution?
In simple terms, the Garmin navigator doubles up as a mobile data terminal that gives you two key functions:
- - direct-to-driver commmunications, and
- - interactive navigation
Fleet-ready Garmin navigators are installed in each vehicle along with a data transponder (supplied by your fleet management provider) and connected
together via a FMI (fleet management interface) cable.
Drivers now have "screens" in their vehicles for real-time navigation, and to improve efficiencies, messaging and job dispatch connectivity to the monitoring centre via a wireless mobile data network.
Supported Garmin Devices
This is a sample list of currently available Garmin navigators that are fleet capable. There is an extensive list of devices available so contact us so that we can advise you of the most suitable navigator to meet your needs or point you in the right direction. We can also offer basic fleet packages for discontinued Garmin models that are very competitively priced.
FMI Supported Protocols
As you can see from the list of navigators above, each device supports different versions of the FMI protocol.
To summarise, there are 'Standard' and 'Enhanced' protocols with the latest FMI Version 3.0 offering the most advanced features.
The fleet management solution that you deploy may or may not support all of these protocols so you will need to check with your supplier.
- Text Messaging: 2-way, alerts, up to 2,000 characters, "inbox", confirmation
- Stop (Destination): Stops/Jobs list, direct navigation to stop, Stop status
- ETA: Dispatch can request ETA of current job, distance remaining
- Auto-Arrival: Prompt driver to mark Stop as done and navigate to next
- Data Deletion: Dispatch can wipe clean data/messages/stops on navigator
- Canned Responses/Messages: Dispatch can send up to 200 "canned" responses, drivers navigator can store up to 120 messages
- Driver ID: The who, what, when and where for every vehicle in your fleet, driver login
- Status: Driver can automatically send status updates
- GPI: Disptach can send POIs (points of interest) files to Garmin device
- Personalised Icons: Disptach icons can be renamed
FMI Version 3 Protocol
- Custom Forms: Dispatch can send 10 templated forms with up to 30 fields to navigator
- Path Specific Routing: Dispatch can send specific customised route to navigator
- Avoid Areas: Dispatch can specify geo-fences