- Transflective 65K colour sunlight readable display
- Preloaded with TOPO Ireland & UK Light map
- High-sensitivity GPS with GLONASS support
- Worldwide basemap (low-detail) with shaded relief
- 3-axis Electronic compass & barometric compass
- Water resistant to IPX7 standards
- Internal Memory: 1GB, Expandable memory (microSD card not included)
- up to 25 Hours AA battery life
- Compatible with BlueChart® g2 marine, City Navigator® street-level mapping, OSI mapping
- Stores up to 2000 Waypoints; 200 routes; 10,000 track log points, 200 saved tracks
- Paperless Geocaching
- Custom POIs - the ability to add additional points of interest
- Wirelessly share waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches with other compatible Garmin GPS devices
- Area calculation
- Size: 5.4w x 10.3h x 3.3d cm
Product Screen Shots
- eTrex 30
- Preloaded TOPO Ireland & UK Light map
- USB Cable
- Owner's manual
The TOPO Ireland & UK map is recreational map has been compiled using the community
generated OpenStreetMap (OSM) database to which Garmin added a 50-metre contour line layer, based on a public digital elevation model (DEM).
The resulting map can be used for orienteering and reference for any outdoor or recreational activities throughout Ireand and UK.
These new maps include routable road, trail and path networks, waterway detail, place names, military areas, natural features, land use areas, historical sites and more.
TOPO UK & Ireland Light is capable of turn-by-turn routing on the entire road and trail network present in the map.
The advantage of this unit over the BirdsEye Select version is the Ireland & UK map coverage albeit not to the same level of detail and if
you do need detailed mapping then you can always purchase it later. A BirdsEye Select Eire voucher is approx €25.