Garmin fenix 7 PRO
Premium and ultimate rugged multisport GPS smartwatch for athletes that is available in 3 case sizes - 42mm, 47mm and 51mm. Conquer every hour with advanced training features, 24/7 health and wellness monitoring and up to a month of battery life with the scratch resistant Power Sapphire solar charging lens.
What are the key features of the Garmin fenix 7 PRO series?
Some of the key new features include:
- Available in 3 case sizes: smaller 42mm, standard 47mm and larger 51mm that are suitable for daily wear.
- Improved MIP display that is more readable in direct sunlight and low-light conditions.
- Built in LED flashlight with various intensities, including a red safety light across all models.
- Multi-band dual frequency GNSS support with SatIQ technology across all models.
- 32 GB memory available on all models.
- All PRO models come with a solar charging lens.
- Includes new Hill Score metric and Endurance Score metric.
- Includes new optical HR sensor - Elevate 5.
- Mapping now includes shaded reliefs and weather overlays wia the weather widget.
- Over 30 new sports/activity profiles added.
- Split screen feature that allows you to mix mapping with data.
Is it worth upgrading to the Fenix 7 Pro?
The addition of the LED flashlight, mutli-band dual frequency GNSS support (which really is
class leading GPS accuracy), the new optical HR sensor, extra memory and extra battery life
may mean that some will make the leap and upgrade to the Fenix 7 PRO while others will be happy to
ride it out and wait for the Fenix 8 sometime in the not too distant future.
The new features such as Hill Score and Endurance Score metrics and other additional data points will be made available to existing Fenix 7 via a software upgrade in due course.
Does the Fenix 7 Pro have ECG and skin temperature monitoring?
At present neither ECG nor skin temperature monitoring is available on the Fenix 7 PRO. That being said, the new optical HR sensor hardware
on the Fenix 7 PRO makes the watch 'ECG-ready' as it is capable of providing both but Garmin is waiting
for FDA certification before it can switch these on. Garmin will not provide any launch dates until
FDA approval is received.
The existing Fenix 7 watches do not have the most recent optical HR sensor so will never be capable of ECG monitoring.
What are the differences between the Fenix 7 PRO and Epix PRO?
With the launch of the three new sizes on the Epix PRO, the only two remaining major differences between the watches are display type and battery life. The Fenix 7 PRO has a MIP (memory-in-pixel) display while the Epix has the AMOLED display. It really is down to personal preference rather than one being better over the other, some love the clarity of the AMOLED display while others prefer the unobtrusiveness of the MIP display. With regards battery life, the solar charging feature of the Fenix 7 Pro along with the MIP display gives the watch a clear lead over the Epix but at the same time both watches have impressive battery life. If it is long battery life that you are after than the Fenix 7 PRO is the watch to go for.
mySatNav is an Irish company, based in Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland. We are an authorised Garmin dealer and online store since 2005. All our products come with free delivery and 2 year warranty. We are your local experts on the Garmin brand and can provide full pre-sales advice and after-sales support. We offer the most competitive and cheapest prices in Ireland across the entire Garmin range including the Garmin Fenix 7 PRO series.