BlueChart marine, City Navigator, EIRE OSI Topo compatible; 1.7GB Memory; 20Hr battery life.
- 2,000 Waypoints & 200 Routes
- 10,000 Track log points and 200 saved tracks
- Trip computer
- USB connectivity
- 20 Hours AA battery life
- Water resistant to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards
- Built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- Barometric altimeter and electronic compass
- Accepts up to 1.7 GB of map data
- Compatible with BlueChart® marine, City Navigator® street-level mapping, OSI Trail Master
- Turn-by-turn street level guidance - with optional automotive navigation kit
- Size: 16H x 6.1W x 3.6D cm
Product Screen Shots
- GPSMAP 62s
- USB interface cable
- Carabiner clip
- Quick Start Manual
The GPSMAP 60 series was one of the most popular handheld product lines from Garmin and the new GPSMAP 62 series has improved it's form and functionality.
The GPSMAP 62s is very similar to the GPSMAP 62 with a few extra features. First of all it has an electronic compass and barometric altimeter so you can get more accurate altitude reading. Secondly, the GPSMAP 62s accepts datacards so you can add larger maps that may not fit on the 1.7 GB of memory. Finally, you can share your information with another GPSMAP 62s using the unit-to-unit transfer feature.
The GPSMAP 62s can save up to 2000 waypoints and 200 routes, that's four times more that the GPSMAP 60. The battery life is not as long (20 hours compared to 28 hours) but that is mainly due to the colourful 2.6" display.
If would like all of that the GPSMAP 62s has to offer plus preloaded European Topo maps, then check out the GPSMAP 62st