Garmin Montana 610
Garmin Montana 610
High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS, touchscreen, barometric altimeter, electronic compass.
- GPS and GLONASS -faster, better satellite fix
- Preloaed Topo Ireland and UK Light Map
- 4" dual orientation, sunlight-readable, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- 1 year free BirdsEye Satellite imagery
- 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Track Manager for better user experience and more control
- Dual battery system: rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included) or AA batteries
- Up to 16 hours (lithium-ion); up to 22 hours (AA batteries)
- Mapping options: Bluechart g2, BirdsEye Select, City Navigator, Custom maps
- Supports BirdsEye satellite imagery, Garmin Custom Maps and photo navigation
- 3-D map view of topo maps to help visualise your surroundings
- Compatible with Garmin BaseCamp to view photos, maps, waypoints, routes and tracks
- Suitable for use on boat, bike, motorbike and car with optional mounts
- Spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions via automotive mount
- Wirelessly share waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches with compatible Garmin GPS
- Supports paperless geocaching
- High-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Water resistant to IPX7 standards
- 4,000 waypoints, 200 routes, 10,000 track log points, 200 saved tracks
Product Screen Shots
- Montana 610
- Lithium-ion battery pack
- AC adapter
- USB cable
|Garmin Montana 610||Product Code: 010-01534-00|
Physical & Performance
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD||2.9" x 5.7" x 1.4" (7.48 x 14.42 x 3.64 cm)|
|Display size, WxH||2"W x 3.5"H (5.06 x 8.93 cm); 4" diag (10.2 cm)|
|Display resolution, WxH||272 x 480 pixels|
|Display type||bright, transflective 65k color TFT, dual-orientation touchscreen; sunlight readable|
|Weight||10.2 oz (289 g) with included lithium-ion battery pack; 11.7 oz (333 g) with 3 AA batteries (not included)|
|Battery||rechargeable lithium-ion (included) or 3 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended|
|Battery life||up to 16 hours (lithium-ion); up to 22 hours (AA batteries)|
|High-sensitivity receiver||yes, GPS & GLONASS|
|Interface||high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible|
|Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units)||yes|
Maps & Memory
|Preloaded maps||250K geocaches preloaded and 1 year BirdsEye Satellite subscription ready to download after you register the device|
|Ability to add maps||yes|
|Built-in memory||2.7 GB|
|Accepts data cards||microSD™ card (not included)|
|Track log||10,000 points, 200 saved tracks|
|Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads)||yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)|
|Electronic compass||yes (tilt-compensated 3 axis)|
|Sun and moon information||yes|
|Tide tables||Yes (with optional Bluechart)|
|Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)||yes|
|Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)||yes|
|Custom maps compatible||yes|
Customer Reviews for the Garmin Montana 610.
Questions and Answers
Do you have any questions about the Garmin Montana 610.
Unfortunately it is no longer possible to get OSI 1:50K maps of the Republic of Ireland for this device from Garmin.
Currently the only handheld GPS devices on the market that offer OSI 1:50K maps of the Republic are the Active series from Satmap.
If you need maps, we highly recommend the new Satmap Active 20 and it is definitely worth investigating further.
Click here for details on the Satmap Active 20 or visit www.satmap.co.uk to find out more about the company behind these award winning devices.
Please note that maps from Satmap will not work on Garmin handheld GPS systems.