High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS, touchscreen, 8MP Camera, barometric altimeter, electronic compass.
- GPS and GLONASS -faster, better satellite fix
- 4" dual orientation, sunlight-readable, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- Preloaded Recreational map of Europe for 44 countries, 250K geocaches
- 8 megapixel autofocus camera, automatically geotagged images
- 1 year free BirdsEye Satellite imagery
- 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Track Manager for better user experience and more control
- Dual battery system: rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included) or AA batteries
- Up to 16 hours (lithium-ion); up to 22 hours (AA batteries)
- Mapping options: Bluechart g2, BirdsEye Select, City Navigator, Custom maps
- Supports BirdsEye satellite imagery, Garmin Custom Maps and photo navigation
- 3-D map view of topo maps to help visualise your surroundings
- Compatible with Garmin BaseCamp to view photos, maps, waypoints, routes and tracks
- Suitable for use on boat, bike, motorbike and car with optional mounts
- Spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions via automotive mount
- Wirelessly share waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches with compatible Garmin GPS
- Supports paperless geocaching
- High-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Water resistant to IPX7 standards
- 4,000 waypoints, 200 routes, 10,000 track log points, 200 saved tracks
Product Screen Shots
- Montana 680
- Lithium-ion battery pack
- AC adapter
- USB cable
Unfortunately it is no longer possible to get OSI 1:50K maps of the Republic of Ireland for this device from Garmin.
Currently the only handheld GPS devices on the market that offer OSI 1:50K maps of the Republic are the Active series
If you need maps, we highly recommend the new Satmap Active 20 and it is definitely worth investigating further.
Click here for details on the
Satmap Active 20 or visit
to find out more about the company behind these award winning devices.
Please note that maps from Satmap will not work on Garmin handheld GPS systems.