Garmin nüvi 2529 LMT-D
Product Code: 010-01187-35
5" widescreen display with Ireland & UK lifetime map updates, lifetime digital traffic.
- 5" pinch-to-zoom, dual-orientation display
- Lifetime Ireland & UK maps and lifetime DAB digital traffic (Garmin's best traffic solution)
- Millions of points of interest sourced from Foursquare
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling, Smartphone link for optional Garmin live services
- Smartphone Link app allows you to send locations/addresses from phone direct to nuvi
- Garmin Real Directions™ for natural voice instructions
- Direct Access feature simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like airports
- Active Lane Guidance with photoReal junction view and Bird's Eye junction view
- Up Ahead feature informs you of nearby services such as service stations, restaurants, shops
- Displays speed limit, current speed and estimated time of arrival
- Compatible with the Garmin BC 30 wireless reversing camera
Product Screen Shots
- nüvi 2529 LMT-D
- Preloaded Ireland & UK maps
- Lifetime maps and DAB digital traffic
- Antenna/vehicle power cable
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- USB cable
- Quick start manual
Physical & Performance
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD||5.5"W x 3.3"H x 0.7"D (13.8 x 8.4 x 1.8 cm)|
|Display size, WxH||4.4"W x 2.5"H (11.1 x 6.3 cm); 5.0" diag (12.7 cm)|
|Display resolution, WxH||480 x 272 pixels|
|Display type||multi-touch, capacitive, manual dual-orientation, WQVGA color TFT with white backlight|
|Weight||6.5 oz (184 g)|
|Battery life||up to 2 hours|
Maps & Memory
|Preloaded street maps||yes|
|Includes lifetime map updates||yes, Ireland & UK|
|Built-in memory||internal solid state|
|Accepts data cards||yes microSD™ card (not included)|
|Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)||yes|
|Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.")||Yes (with Garmin Real Directions™)|
|Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands)||No|
|Traffic compatible (routes around traffic with a receiver and subscription)||Yes (Digital 3D Traffic)|
|Lifetime traffic updates (receive free lifetime traffic updates)||Yes (Digital 3D Traffic)|
|Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation)||Yes|
|Junction view (displays junction signs)||Yes|
|Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.)||Yes|
|Bluetooth® wireless technology||Yes|
|Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe)||Yes|
|View upcoming points of interest along route||Yes (with Up Ahead)|
Trip Planner: yes
Trip Log: yes
Direct Access: yes
Receive live services via your compatible iPhone® or Android™ smartphone with Smartphone Link.
This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.
The Garmin nuvi series which ran from 2006-2016 has always been the most popular sat-nav in Ireland. The series improved considerably over the years in terms of mapping, screen sizes, functionality and reliability. We couldn't fault these devices.
So, Garmin in 2016 decided to refresh the series by renaming it the Garmin Drive. Essentially the Drive is the same as the nuvi with a few extra whistles such as additional safety features and WIFI for map/software updates (a wired connection is still always better).
At the end of the day, the important bits, the free map updates, the lifetime digital traffic, the lane guidance, junction view, points of interest are exactly the same, the rest is just fluff (sorry did I just say that).
We have managed to get on hands on the last line of the nuvi series, the nuvi 25xx, at a great price so like-for-like these are brialliant value for money compared to the Garmin DriveSmart 51 Ireland/UK LMT-D which is €225.