Garmin nüvi 3598 LMT-D NOH
Garmin nüvi 3598 LMT-D NOH
Note that this is a newly overhauled (NOH) unit. These devices are refurbished by Garmin back in their Taiwan factory and come with a 1 year manufacturers warranty. They are 'as new' so represent excellent value for money.
- Detailed full Europe (45 countries) maps with free lifetime map updates
- Free lifetime digital traffic updates/alerts
- 5" diagonal, dual-orientation hi-res widescreen display with pinch & zoom capability
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling
- Smartphone link for optional real-time information such as weather and traffic conditions
- Voice-activated navigation - speak to your device
- Garmin Real Directions™ with Real Voice™ - natural voice instructions
- Active Lane Guidance with photoReal and Bird's Eye junction view
- Up Ahead feature informs you of nearby services such as service stations, restaurants, shops
- Displays speed limit, current speed and time of arrival
- Depicts 3-D buildings and terrain so you know what to expect as you drive through the landscape
- Multi-stop routing and automatic re-routing
Product Screen Shots
- nüvi 3598LMT-D NOH
- Preloaded City Navigator NT mapping of Europe
- Lifetime maps and digital traffic
- Lifetime traffic antenna/vehicle power cable
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- USB cable
- Quick start manual
|Garmin nüvi 3598 LMT-D NOH||Product Code: 010-N1118-10|
Physical & Performance
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD||13.8 x 7.7 x 1.3 cm|
|Display size, WxH||10.9 x 6.5 cm; 5" diag (12.7 cm)|
|Display resolution, WxH||800 x 480 pixels|
|Display type||multi-touch, glass, dual-orientation, WVGA color TFT with white backlight|
|Weight||6.8 oz (192 g)|
|Battery life||up to 2 hours|
Maps & Memory
|Preloaded street maps||Yes|
|Includes lifetime map updates||Yes, Full Europe|
|3-D buildings and landmarks view||Yes|
|Built-in memory||internal solid state|
|Accepts data cards||yes microSD™ card (not included)|
Features & Benefits
|Features That Save Time & Money|
|Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft.")||Yes (Internal speaker)|
|Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.")||Yes (with Garmin Real Directions™)|
|Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands)||Yes|
|Traffic compatible (routes around traffic with a receiver and subscription)||Yes|
|Lifetime traffic updates (receive free lifetime traffic updates)||Yes (Digital 3D Traffic)|
|Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation)||Yes|
|Junction view (displays junction signs)||Yes|
|Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.)||Yes|
|Bluetooth® wireless technology||Yes|
|Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe)||Yes|
|Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)||Yes|
|View upcoming points of interest along route||yes|
This is a newly overhauled unit. NOH units are refurbished back in the Taiwan factory and come with a Garmin 1 year warranty.
They come is plain boxes but other than that they are very difficult to distinguish from a brand new unit. The 1 year warranty also offers
peace of mind.
The nuvi 3598LMT-D is an award winner (Best Buy, Sept 2013) and one of Garmin's best ever sat-nav units.
This is an high end-premium navigation device with a great design and one of the best user interfaces in the business.
There are some excellent features including the new magnetic car mount that grabs strongly to hold the device in place but also lets go easily when you want to take the unit with you. The 5", 800x400 pixel, capactive display is gorgeous. It is multi-touch for pinch and zoom, with very crisp and clear imagery. Thirdly, this Garmin is much more responsive to previous models, the lag between where you are and where the device thinks you are is reduced so the whole navigation experience is substantially improved (no more missing those important turns). Garmin have also gone along way to improve the voice directions by making them more converstaional and the active lane guidance has also been improved to make it easier for you to navigate through complex junctions.
Overall this is a super device and the best I have used by a long-way. It will give you years of quality navigation from a very slick package.