Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Ireland, UK, Europe maps; Bluetooth.
- Latest MapSource City Navigator NT v9.0 preloaded
- Map data includes: Ireland, UK, Europe
- Large 3.3" x 1.7" WQVGA TFT landscape display, with automatic dimming backlight
- Bluetooth for wireless in-helmet voice guidance and handsfree calling with compatible mobile phones
- Intuitive easy-to-use navigation - touchscreen, voice prompts
- 2D/3D map display
- Route planner lets you save 50 routes, specify via points, and preview turns
- Automatically sorts multiple destinations - providing most direct route
- Automatic re-routing
- Route avoidance - avoid motorways, tolls etc.
- MP3 player, audio books, JPEG viewer and more
- Water resistant and motorcycle friendly
Product Screen Shots
- StreetPilot 2820
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT Europe v9.0 (full coverage)
- MapSource® City Navigator Europe NT v9.0 DVD (full unlock)
- 12-24 volt vehicle charger with external speaker
- Dash mount and portable non-skid mount
- Alphanumeric remote control
- External microphone
- AC power adapter
- USB cable
- Protective cover
- Owner's manual & quick reference guide
Excellent MappingStreetPilot 2820 comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator NT v9.0 Europe street maps. Simply touch the sunlight-readable screen or use the remote to enter a destination, and the 2820 takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions
Navigation FeaturesIncludes automatic routing, clear text-to-speech voice prompts (speaks street names e.g. 'Turn left onto Blackthorn road in 50 metres'), 2D and 3D map perspective, a 3.3" x 1.7" touchscreen, an extensive points of interest database with the ability to add your own POI files.
Hands-free CallingStreetPilot 2820 integrates Bluetooth wireless technology with an included microphone and speaker, so you can talk hands-free on a compatible mobile phone while staying focused on the road. Motorcyclists can connect a Bluetooth-enabled headset or helmet* simultaneously with a mobile phone to talk or receive wireless navigation audio prompts to their destination.
*Feature compatibility dependant on helmet or headset support.
|Garmin StreetPilot 2820||Product Code: 010-00517-06|
Physical & Performance:
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD:||5.6"W x 3.2"H x 2.0"D (14.3 x 8.0 x 5.0 cm)|
|Display size, WxH:||3.3"W x 1.7"H (8.4 x 4.3 cm)|
|Display resolution, WxH:||454 x 240 pixels|
|Display type:||WQVGA color TFT with automatic dimming backlight|
|Weight:||.93 lbs. (420 g)|
|Battery life:||external power only|
|RoHS version available:||yes|
Maps & Memory:
|Ability to add maps:||yes|
|Built-in memory:||internal solid state|
|Accepts data cards:||no|
|Voice prompts:||yes (using included vehicle power cable with integrated speaker)|
|Speaks street names:||yes|
|3D map view:||yes|
|Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route):||yes|
|Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation):||yes|
|Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road):||yes|
|Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.):||yes|
|Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest):||yes|
|Hands-free calling with Bluetooth® wireless technology:||yes|
|FM traffic compatible:||yes|
|XM Navtraffic (includes basic weather) & Radio for U.S. compatible:||yes|
|MSN® Direct for U.S. compatible:||no|
|Audio book player:||yes|
|Configurable vehicle icons (select car-shaped icons for map navigation):||no|
|World travel clock, currency & measurement converter, calculator:||no|
|Headphone jack/audio line-out:||yes|
|Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature):||no|
Customer Reviews for the Garmin StreetPilot 2820.
Questions and Answers
Do you have any questions about the Garmin StreetPilot 2820.
While the Garmin StreetPilot 2820 is a top of the range GPS with great features it is let down by the lack of an internal battery. We recommend the Garmin zūmo 550 with additional features such as a SiRF GPS receiver and MP3 player - it is much better value for your money and cheaper.